Gain wisdom and insight from your emotional awareness with a challenge.
When you allow the emotions associated with a challenge to flow, their awareness and expression naturally pass through you. Each emotion is like an ocean wave of energy. It crests and then it's gone, and another one comes along. This can all happen in a few seconds. Eventually, naturally, the waves begin to have less and less energy, and the ocean becomes calm and peaceful. In this expansive calmness, your mind and body senses become clear. In this space your intuition is most effective and new possibilities open to your awareness.
Start exploring . . .
First, open gently with yourself, relax, do a few PQ Reps or this mindfulness exercise.
- Focus on your breathing. Take two deep breaths. Take one more.
- Open into your deepest curiosity of your body.
- Touch two fingers together with such attention that you can feel the ridges on your fingertips.
- Notice the temperature of air as it enters your nostrils and the temperature of air as it exits your nostrils.
- Notice the rising and falling of your chest or belly.
- Bring your attention to your heart. Touch it with your hand. Feel it beating?
Now allow your emotions to flow, as you identify each emotion notice where it shows up in your body. Be curious about the sensations and energy that come with that emotion - allow yourself to fully feel it.
- Allow yourself to feel what it feels like when you're faced with the challenge
- Visualize and feel the impacts of the challenge
- Feel what it feels like when you are unsuccessfully working with it
- Welcome the yucky, uncomfortable, contractive, and unwelcome emotions
After you come to peace with feeling each emotion, go back and identify the core emotion; maybe anger, fear, sadness, loss, hurt, guilt, or numbness. Breathe into it again. Allow, accept, and appreciate the sensation of it again.
Allow a core emotion to speak to you . . .
Ask it . . .
- How long have you been living in my body?
- How many times have I repressed you, or stuffed you down?
- How many times have I perpetuated you, long after the challenge has past?
- What wisdom do you have that would be most beneficial for me to know?
- What resources would be most helpful for me to work with you?
- Who would I need to forgive to let this all go?
- Allow it to reveal all of its wisdom to you.
What Sage Gifts have been revealed to you?
If you still feel like you're struggling . . .
Try looking back at this situation from the end of your life . . . “What would I see as important?”
And, if you still feel challenged, exercise this muscle in a different way. How might you apply one of these awarenesses from earlier in your life to the current situation?
- Think back to a time in your life when you experienced a personal growth spurt. What triggered the inspiration for that in your life?
- Think back to a time in your life when you experience personal growth stagnation. What awakened you from that and got you on a new path?
Please don't be discouraged . . .
If it feels like you are coming up empty, don't be discouraged. In just feeling through your challenging emotions you are creating space for new freedom and new awarenesses. It can be challenging to work through things on your own. Be open to a Free Coaching Session or doing some Journeywork to open into what is ready to be revealed.
#emotionalintelligence #lifecoaching #leadership #leadershipdevelopmentcoaching #management #managementdevelopment #personaldevelopment #grow #humanresources